The story of HOSTAFRICA
HOSTAFRICA is named after our vision to support businesses and individuals across Africa.
Too often, big multinational corporations undercut local businesses with low prices but provide even lower customer service. We at HOSTAFRICA are fiercely committed to providing outstanding service to our customers. We uphold this standard of excellence because hospitals, medical companies, ecommerce businesses, financial institutions, and other essential businesses depend on us to operate uninterrupted at all times. This is a responsibility we take to heart.
Your Partner in Hosting.
All data, meaning every website, blog, forum, gaming platform, ecommerce business, company Cloud IT infrastructure on the internet needs to be hosted on giant computers called Servers, which are housed in secure Data Centres around the globe. Companies like us host and maintain all this complex computer infrastructure, so people without technical expertise don't have to worry about how their websites and businesses operate online, they just do; and it's our job to make sure this happens as effortlessly as possible.
With most of the planet now operating online, it’s absolutely essential to establish an online presence. It is the best way to market yourself or your business. Africa had been missing out on this industry for some time, and it’s our vision to help Africans get in on the action. Whether you have a business, blog or app that you need to get out to the world, you need a trustworthy company to host it online. That’s us.
We were one of the first companies to bring Cloud services to the Rainbow Nation.
Inspired by Cape Town’s beauty in South Africa HOSTAFRICA’s Founder, Michael Osterloh, brought his expertise from Germany to help Africans get online. Previously, Michael Osterloh was Managing Director of “Deutsche Börse Cloud Exchange AG”—one of the largest providers of virtual servers in Germany. Marcel Chorengel not only founded it, but also developed the first fully automated web hosting software—Confixx.
Now HOSTAFRICA is an established Hosting business leading in Cloud Server solutions in South Africa. We have grown exceptionally since inception.
- Cloud to Machine was founded on 21 August 2008
- On 1 December 2016, we acquired VPS Networks with subsidiary brands CLOUD and VPS
- On 9 March 2017, our parent company Cloud to Machine was renamed to Host Africa (Pty) Ltd, and another local subsidiary brand HOSTAFRICA was created
- On 1 September 2019, we acquired Greycell CC with subsidiary brand AmpleHosting joined the Host Africa (Pty) Ltd family
- On 1 March 2020, we acquired two more hosting companies, Gweb Hosting and Hob Host
- On 5 April 2020, we acquired the web hosting division of Divine Online Solutions
- On 1 December 2020, we acquired the web hosting division of Clickworks Internet Ltd
- On 31 August 2021, we acquired DomainKing, one of the largest Nigerian shared web hosting companies
- Also in 2021, we launched two HOSTAFRICA brands; Cloud Backup and HOSTAFRICA Nigeria
- In April 2022, we launched the HOSTAFRICA Kenya brand
- On 1 August 2022, we acquired the web hosting clients for Red Cactus
- On 1 September 2022, local hosting company DigiServ Technologies CC joined the Host Africa (Pty) Ltd family
- On 1 December 2022, Host Africa (Pty) Ltd acquired Kenyan hosting company EAC directory.
We believe the only way business should be done is to truly care for our customers and their needs.
Our clients have rated our hosting services and support 5 stars!
Absolutely excellent service! HOSTAFRICA contacted me about 5 minutes after the ticket was issued and the problem was resolved in less than no time! Very happy to work with a company that makes the technical parts of having a website so easy!
I have had numerous questions and my issues have been resolved so fast, I literally just chat and email and voila my issues are fixed for me! I have used many website builders in the past and I can honestly say that I've never received help as fast as I have here. I would definitely recommend HOSTAFRICA!
HOSTAFRICA is the best hosting company I've been with. They always reply promptly and very professional. They have helped me through lock down and never have any issues. They are highly recommended.
Our most recent acquisition
Host Africa (Pty) Ltd trading as HOSTAFRICA has acquired EAC directory, effective 1 December 2022. In the first of its kind move for the South African hosting company, HOSTAFRICA has fully acquired the Kenyan hosting company EAC directory. Continue reading